CITP - grandMA2

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

nsunier

CITP - grandMA2

Post by nsunier »

Hi,

I am able to control MADRIX with grandMA2 but now I want to transfer thumbnails from MADRIX to grandMA2 by the mean of CITP.

Here is my set up:
  • grandMA2 onPC v3.0.0.4 running on a Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit PC with a single NIC but with 2 IP addresses (192.168.0.56 / 255.255.255.0 for MA-Net and 2.168.0.56 / 255.0.0.0 for Art-Net).
  • MADRIX 3.2 running on a Win 8.1 Professional 64-bit PC with two NICs (one used only for Internet access and the other one dedicated to lighting) but this second NIC has 2 IP addresses (192.168.0.150 / 255.255.255.0 for MA-Net and 2.168.0.150 / 255.0.0.0 for Art-Net).
As said above I am able to control MADRIX with grandMA2 by the mean of both Art-Net and sACN. By the way, what is the recommended control protocol between these two?

And now about CITP. Following what is written in the MADRIX help I successfully configured the CITP server in MADRIX. Then I enabled CITP on grandMA2 onPC. I can see MADRIX server displayed in green (it should be a good thing, no?). I assigned to it a fixture layer. At the end I clicked on Update Thumbnails. I get this message:
Update Thumbnail from Media Server with IP 2.168.0.150 fail. Server doesn't send Thumbnail!
From MADRIX side I can see many many error messages in log file:
414 2014/08/03 21:03:11 CITP Error ReceiveCitpHeader_1_0 from IP:0.0.0.0, MessageSize:38, MessagePartCount:0, MessagePart:0,ContentType:MSEX, ERROR because MessagePartCount 0 is lower than 1!
After a few minutes MADRIX stops working.

Is there a mistake in the configuration? And why the software is stopping working?
Nathanaël Sunier
Lighting Designer / grandMA Programmer
nathanael.sunier.net
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: CITP - grandMA2

Post by Guertler »

Hello nsunier,
Since grandMA2 Version 3 there are some changes regarding the CITP connection.
We have confirmed MADRIX to this changes and you will be able to load thumbnails again in the grandMA2 with the release of MADRIX 3.3. This release will be available in a few weeks.
If you want to load thumbnails via CITP with MADRIX and grandMA2 at the moment, please use grandMA2 Version 2.9.
Regarding your question about the prefered connection between grandMA2 and MADRIX: If it is possible please use an Art-Net connection in direct IP mode. Because if you will use the direct IP mode the Art-Net data will be send only to the desired DMX universe.
If you will use Art-Net in broadcast mode or sACN the data for control MADRIX remotely will be send to all available nodes in the network. That means there is much more traffic at the network.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
nsunier

Post by nsunier »

Is it possible to get a beta version of MADRIX 3.3 in order to test it?

I do not know what is your policy about beta testers. I currently have a little free time and I would be interested in becoming a beta tester.
Nathanaël Sunier
nathanael.sunier.net
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello nsunier,
Yes, it is possible to become a MADRIX beta tester.
Please write a mail with the wish to become a MADRIX beta tester to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
jaekel
Developer
Developer

Post by jaekel »

Hi,
The problem has been fixed in MADRIX version 3.4.
Note: Update your MA Lighting software also.
nsunier

Post by nsunier »

Wonderful, thank you! :D
You can tag the topic as solved.
Nathanaël Sunier
nathanael.sunier.net