Patching a circular setup ideas

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Mishael

Patching a circular setup ideas

Post by Mishael »

We are planning on hanging our 210 1.5m DMX tubes in the next day or so in a circle over our skating floor about 20 feet in diameter. I cannot for the life of me figure out the best way to patch them to maintain the integrity of the circle.

I have been dabbling with choosing a starting point and every layer it goes out one and over one resulting in a setup like this
layer 1:........X
layer 2:.....X....X
layer 3:..X.........X
and so on, but the problem with that in the long run is that i would end up with a diamond that would cause effects to act weird i feel

my other thought is similar but instead of a linear expansion, it would be more gradual
layer 1:......................XX
layer 2:...............XXX......XXX
layer 3:...........XX...................XX
layer 4:.........X............................X

and so on

what would you recommend?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Patching a circular setup ideas

Post by Guertler »

Hello Mishael,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
When you want to create a patch of fixtures which are arranged in a circle in real I want to recommend to patch it in a 2D rectangle in MADRIX.
In your case you have to create a patch of 210 tubes arranged side by side in the MADRIX patch. Please pay attention that the tube aligned is everytime the same. For example the inner pixels of the real circle should be the last pixel in Y direction of every tube in the MADRIX patch.
Now you can start to create amazing effects with MADRIX. For example when you want to create a "Color Scroll" from the inside to the outside at the installed cricle you can choose in MADRIX the "SCE Color Scroll" and choose the direction "from bottom to top".
Mishael

Post by Mishael »

So you are saying patch it like thisImage
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Mishael,
Yes, that's what I have recommended in my post before to patch the circular installation in MADRIX.