Most example scripts do not work

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ksteely

Most example scripts do not work

Post by ksteely »

Browsing the MADRIX 3 Script User Guide, I expected to be able to paste the example scripts in to the editor and have them compile. The issue may lie in the fact that the examples seem to be written for v2, not v3, and I have made some progress by using the Migration Hints tables, but most still do not work after replacing all the obsolete functions I can find.

For example, load the "ReadAsync Test Set-Up" script from the help page titled "Reading From External Files". On line 19, replace SetText() with EditableTextSetText(), per the migration guide. Compile the script. I get the error, "Interpreter: The script requested function 'InitEffect' but it doesn't exist", and the script cannot be started.

I have many more examples of unusable example scripts, available upon request.

Am I misunderstanding some basic thing?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Most example scripts do not work

Post by Guertler »

Hello ksteely,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
I can not repoduce the bug in the explained Example script.
When you are using the example script of the ReadAsync function to set the text to the output you have to choose the SCE Ticker / Scrolling Text effect in MADRIX as described in the description of this example and copy the example script in the Layer Macro.