Preview multiple layers

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Armstrong

Preview multiple layers

Post by Armstrong »

Hi, I have a simple lighting configuration - 3 x 5 strip lights. I need to achieve some effects where each vertical 1 x 5 lane is controlled independently with different colours. So far I have got this working via layers and effect chasers. One thing I can't figure out though. When I'm previewing on screen, how do I playback all layers simultaneously for the storage location I'm working on? I can playback one layer, then select the next one and play it as well, but I need to synchronize this to see the overall effect, because of the time delays in the chasers.

Thanks
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Preview multiple layers

Post by Guertler »

Hello Armstrong,
Welcome to the MADRIX Forum.
When you want to have different effects on different pixel positions in MADRIX you have to work with layers and the MADRIX Map mode. With the help of the Map you can change the size and position of each layer.
In the following links you can learn more about layers and the map mode:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... ayers.html
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... space.html
When you want to synchronize "Effect Parameter Chaser" you have to change the Storage Place and go back to the desired Stroage Place. Now all used "Effect Parameter Chaser" of this Storage Place will be started at the same time.
Armstrong

Post by Armstrong »

Thanks for your quick response :D

I can understand that selecting a new storage location and returning to the original will reset the Chasers on each layer to play from the beginning.

But how do I then play them all at the same time? The play Chaser button only plays the current layer. For preview I want all layers to play at the same time so I can see the overall effect.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Armstrong,
For a better analysis of your created MADRIX effects and get an idea what you want to do with MADRIX it would be very helpful to send us your created MADRIX setup via e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
After you have sent us the mail we can discuss on the real project.
Thank you.